I don't think so.

I have been fasting this week as a sort of personal and spiritual cleanse from the past decade. I have a lot of invisible ties of quilt that just aren't necessary or productive going forward in my life. I have a lot to look forward to. I have a a renewed and deeper sense of self. I have a wonderful husband to share my life with. And I have hope.

I started this fast on Monday the 4th. Tuesday afternoon was spent questioning why I'm doing this fast, what am I trying to prove, what's the point, etc.. etc.. Most of this probably had to do with me watching T.V. all afternoon - that will suck the spiritual out of anyone! Molly and I had class at 7:00 p.m. so dutifully we hopped in the car and did our sit stays, waits, and watch me's. Driving home past Wendy's and Subway and the grocery store was just enough to keep me questioning why why why...

Upon returning home at 8:00 p.m a bit tired, a headache coming on and thinking about food, we were approached by a couple well dressed young men. They wanted to see the cute dog, the one with the waggly tail! It's dark, it's cold and I'm too nice to tell them "back off! she's a killer this one!". Turns out they were just mormons. Couldn't have been more than 21 the poor things. So I talked to them, hoping they would get some points on the mormon scoreboard for someone not running away. I actually eluded to them I thought it was interesting that here I'm doing this spiritual fast and today I've been questioning why I'm doing it and.. here they are!
Ooh yes.. You did read that correctly.. I opened the door wide open! Come on in boys - I been waitin' to be saved - praise Joseph Smith!!

I was too slow to see what I had done until they asked "When could we come over and talk with you?". Ugh. They caught me like a bear taken by surprise at the bear baiting pile. I was still digging for food and didn't have a good reaction time. I replied with "um. I don't know.. my schedule is kinda busy.." lying to church people? That felt a little wrong.. They fired again with "We do this every day all day for two years so when is a good time for you?". I'm still stuck on the lying part but slowly realizing I've been baited.. "Um I guess evenings work best?".. BAM the final shot that takes the big slow, minding his own business bear down.
7:00 p.m. Thursday evening. Maybe they get more points with a meeting?

Well I came to my senses enough to "reschedule" the meeting with the mormons at their church on Friday morning instead of our home on Thursday night. I thought what could it hurt to have a polite conversation with the mormons. I completely forgot the mormons are a political clut and they aren't interested in polite conversation - they want to convert me!! I tried to research what they would do to me at the church. Would they take away my phone so I couldn't tell what time it was? Do they change my name to 'sister' at the first meeting? Will Chris need more wives? How many points do they get for converting someone?

Gaining further sense and clarity Friday morning I was able to call them and cancel without rescheduling. I did apologize for taking up their time and told them I was not interested and sorry about the lost points.